Economic Development 101: Planning for Economic Prosperity
Presenting organization: Indigenous Services Canada, Lands and Economic Development, Economic Development Unit
This workshop is targeted towards Economic Development Officers and Land Managers who have recently been appointed to their new roles/positions or individuals that would like to have a refresher.
In this workshop you will learn about the suite of economic development programs that are available through Indigenous Services Canada’s Lands and Economic Development Services Program and how this program can assist with opportunity identification and business/land use planning.
This workshop will be presented by representatives from Indigenous Services Canada’s Economic Development Unit in partnership/coordination with a First Nation (TBD). This First Nation (TBD) will provide insight on how they have utilized the Lands and Economic Development Services Program to advance their communities economic development portfolio.
What Participants will learn
- What the Lands and Economic Development Services Program is,
- What the difference between Core and Targeted funding is,
- How to fill out the applications, and reports, for the Lands and Economic Development Services Program,
- When the application, and reporting, due dates for the program are
- How communities can utilize this programing to advance their economic development and land management opportunities.
- Indigenous Services Canada – Economic Development Unit
- First Nation (TBD)