Transforming Your CCP Vision into Reality: From Community Visioning to Projects on the Ground
Presenting organization: T’sou-ke Nation & ISC - Community Development Department, BC Region
Based on the principle: A Collective Vision is a picture in which everyone can see themselves - we shall take you on a journey from early visioning to multiple projects on the ground. These include completed Renewable Energy, Food Security, Economic Development projects which remain true to indigenous values and traditions and follow long term sustainability principles.
Participants will be engaged in the process with specially designed exercises.
What Participants will learn
- Community Engagement - Tools and Techniques to use in your Comprehensive Community Planning
- Transforming your Community Vision into Reality. - Capacity Building, Fund Raising, Project Management, Training and Job creation on reserve.
- How do you keep the Community Vision alive – lesson learned, best practices and taking on more adventurous projects, celebrating achievements.
- Andrew Moore: Community Developer/Architect and Planner for T’Sou-ke Nation
- Linda Bristol: T’Sou-ke Nation Elder
Andrew Moore is an architect – specializing in community development. He has worked extensively with all levels of government, the private sector and grass roots organizations in the UK, Canada and Africa over the last 30 years. For the past 10 years he has worked for the T’Sou-ke Nation on the West coast of Vancouver Island developing a Community Plan and a range of Energy, Agricultural and Housing projects to support the Nation’s long-term sustainability.
Linda Bristol Bio to follow.