A Brief Overview of Environmental Regulations
Environment & Climate Change Canada
The purpose of this workshop is to provide an introductory overview of the following regulations that may apply to businesses and operations, and that economic development officers and land development officers should know.
- Storage Tank Systems for Petroleum Products and Allied Petroleum Products Regulations
- Wastewater Systems Effluent Regulations
- Single-use Plastics Prohibition Regulations
- Federal Halocarbon Regulations
- PCB Regulations
In these overviews we will cover:
- Who these regulations apply to, with some examples of the businesses/ equipment/ materials.
- What needs to be done key requirements.
- When are the deadlines timelines.
- Where to find more information and support supplemental guides & materials.
What Participants will learn by attending:
- Environmental regulations that may impact their business or activities.
- High level requirements of these regulations.
- Where to find additional information.
- Who to contact with questions.
- Prohibition or reporting timelines.
- Elaine McAloney, Environment & Climate Change Canada
- Celia Wong, Environment & Climate Change Canada
- Brittney Chung, Environment & Climate Change Canada
Elaine McAloney is a Compliance Promotion Officer on the PCB Regulations, Federal Halocarbon Regulations, and the Storage Tank Systems for Petroleum Products and Allied Petroleum Products Regulations.
Celia Wong is a Compliance Promotion Officer on the Single-use Plastics Prohibition Regulations.
Brittney Chung is the Compliance Promotion Officer on the Wastewater Systems Effluent Regulations.